Sunday, November 8, 2015

Pitango Meal Pots for One!



Lunch time at work is one of my least favourite times, if I have time, I'd go to a cafe and end up paying at least $15-20 as city cafes often over charge, most days I'd end up having endless large hot chocolates or I'd bring sloppy left overs from the night before.

My lunch definitely needed saving.

Thankfully, Pitango released their new range of Meal Pots for One! These pots are designed for busy workers who don't have time for lunch (me me me!). Pitango pots are filled with fresh, natural ingredients with exciting flavours and a shelf life of 30 days.

Spanish Chorizo Chickpea Puchero
 Free range smokey chorizo, chickpeas, rice, spinach, tomato and red wine sauce
 
 This was the first pot I had and made a tiny mistake of over microwaving the pot in it's original container, hence my lunch tasted a little plastic-ky. I would highly recommend everyone to transfer the content of the pot into a ceramic or microwavable bowl to experience full flavour. I'm not a big fan of chickpeas in it's original form (I prefer hummus or falafels) so I didn't enjoy this as much as the other pots but it was still full of chunky bits. I was expecting a bit of a kick from the chorizo but I think the flavours may have leaked from sitting in the mix. This is great for those who like a tomato base.


Sri Lankan Chicken Curry with Rice
 Free range chicken, potato, spicy Sri Lankan style coconut curry with basmati rice
 
 My favourite out of the three, I can't go past a good spicy curry filled with generous chunky potatoes and chicken shreds. This is not far from the local made curry I usually have, I think I could eat this everyday even though it is quite spicy. The coconut flavour was quite subtle, which is how I like my curries!
 
Japanese Miso Chicken with Soba Noodles
 Soba noodles and free range chicken in miso and ginger sauce

Another yummy pot, I usually stay far away from dishes with ginger or ginger sauce, but this was divine I couldn't even taste the ginger! The miso flavour was quite faint compared to the ones I buy from the supermarket. Nonetheless I enjoyed this immensely, it had nice big chunks of vegetables!

Where to buy?
 
These yummy lunch pots are available at selected Woolworth stores for $5 per pot. I will definitely be stocking up on these!


Website
www.pitango.com.au


*These products were provided for my consideration, all opinions are my own



1 comment:

  1. The Chorizo looks amazing :) These are such a cute and genius idea They're perfect for Friday nights

    M x K
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete