Monday, December 15, 2014

Review: Man Cafe @ Hurstville

Probably one of the more substantial Cafes in Hurstville, I went to Ella's Patisseries a couple of years back and they served me instant coffee. I'm curious to know the underlying meaning behind the name of the cafe. Most diners present were couples or friends catching up. There was a steady inflow of female diners, I wonder if the same would happen for men if the cafe was called "Woman Cafe". Anyway, that is beyond the point, lets get down to food business.



Hawaiian Light Approx $4-$5

A delicious blend of tropical fruit juices, including pineapple and orange.


Ice Chocolate - $5

This drink was fantastic, purely based on the fact that it's chocolate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Delicious!


Vegetarian Breakfast - Approx $12
Baked beans, Toast, Eggs, Mushroom, Avocado, Tomato and Hashbrown

We both got vegetarian breakfast (with scrambled eggs/poached eggs). It was too early in the morning to eat oily sausages. This meal was significantly bigger than what I initially imagined. I was pleasingly bloated after this massive breakfast. A part from the hair in my mushroom, it was not a bad breakfast. However, the hair was a real down fall.


Worth Returning?
 Potentially, service was excellent, food was quite nice... the hair ruined the experience for me. As much as I wanted to love this place and return for more breakfasts, I might need some time before I make a return.

Rating
6.5/10

Man Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment