Ingredients to make a 12-13 cupcakes:
- 1 table spoon of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of organic unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 1/3 cup of sifted flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 tablespoon of honey
1. Put sugar, vanilla, honey and coconut oil in a bowl, mix with an electric mixer until smooth and add in the eggs, mix some more.
2. Sift your flour and baking powder through, mix, sift, mix, sift
3. Preheat oven 180 degrees (I like to preheat my oven half way through because I'm slow)
4. Add in milk and mix some more
5. Scoop the mixture into your cupcak cups (approximately 75% full)
6. Chuck your cupcakes into the oven at 165 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.
Meringue Method (I made the "Meringue" because I stuffed up the frosting, some people really liked this soft texture meringue, others weren't too crash hot on it. If you're a bit iffy about this just get some icing and make a frosting. But if you want to make this, cook the put cake for 15 minutes and take them out for the topping).
7. Put 3 egg whites and 1/4 of unrefined sugar into a large bow ready to mix with your electric mixer until you see peaks
8. Get a spoon and scoop the meringue mixture on top of your half baked cupcakes and chuck it back into the oven for 15 minutes.