Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pancake on the Rocks @ Darling Harbour

It's been almost a year since I've been back at Pankcake on the Rocks, it use to be my go-to spot to chill with friends, now it's merely a tourist trap with less than average food. I've had countless burnt bacon strips and under cooked hashbrows.

When I was in high school, the girl who sat next to me asked if I've ever been to Pancake on the Rocks for their amazing pancakes. I replied "No", she told me it's "to die for". The following week, my friend and I skipped school and headed out to The Rocks to try these "breath-taking" pancakes. This foodie thing started young.

 We ordered a Devil's Delight and a strawberry buttermilk pancake, and it was nothing like now we expected it to be. We were more than underwhelmed, that day I vowed never to order another pancake from this place.

Well, 10 years later, I decided to give it another go.

 Seafood Crepes $15.95
 
Fillet of fish, prawns, scallops, mushrooms and spring onions in a creamy white wine sauce. Served with a lemon wedge, hollandaise sauce and seafood sauce.
 
Where are all these sauces coming from? We got some buttery hollandaise and ketchup. I'm not sure where our seafood and white wine sauce went. This was a less than average crepe, I thought it was disgusting, the filling is obvious frozen seafood... if you can taste the fridge, it's bad.
 
 Devil's Delight $14.95
 
Chocolate pancakes with strawberries, cream chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce
 
Now this did not disappoint. It was much better than what I remember it to be, I felt like I was eating a cake. The pancake was rich, a little bit gooey, but fluffy at the same time. It's not quite a pancake... but combined with ice cream. cream and strawberries... it was fulfulling.
 

Pancakes on the Rocks on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment