Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Chefs Gallery @ Sydney CBD

We headed out to Chefs Gallery for dinner at 5pm - late enough for an early dinner and early enough to still catch their lunch deals. We were generously greeted in Mandarin as we entered the restaurant.  Service was alright, and the food came.. well relatively fast. The stir fry came out in minutes, while the noodle soup required a 15-20 minute wait.

Watermelon Juice
This came with my noodle dish, freshly squeezed watermelon juice. I love watermelon and I love fresh juice.


Warm Cola infused with orange
Yes, warm coke...I was a little hesitant at first, but I might look to start warming up my coke for cooler weather.
Handmade Spinach Noodles with Seafood
This was better than expected, the noodles had a lot of flavour.. the seaweed flavour blew our minds! Seafood was fresh and tender.... this was just a win overall.

Wonton Noodle Soup
 
This was a really refreshing bowl of goodness. Very subtle flavoured soup. Wontons were lovely and flavoursome. You can amp up the flavours by adding some of their chilli sauce and vinegar for a change of palette.

Cheese and Mushroom Chinese Roti
 
This was so good.. but so oily! You can't go wrong with mushroom and cheese in deep fried pastry. I'm tempted to start making my own mushroom and cheese roti.

Noodles and Pork
 
I loved their pork chop. As an avid carnivore, this was a nice piece of meat. However, my second piece of the chop was quite dry and over cooked. A fabulous balance between the saltiness of the pork and the subtle flavours of the noodle soup. The dish was so big that I had a lot of trouble polishing it off. 

Worth Returning?
Yes definitely, quality food, value for money. We've become a regular at Chefs Gallery.
 
Chefs Gallery Town Hall on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment