Monday, April 20, 2015

The Weekend Foodie Bakes: Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter Swirls {Almost Guilt Free!}



I started baking last year, I shiver every time I put in a block of butter and a cup of sugar into my mixture. However, I'd have no issues gobbling down half a cake and a large sundae if it's store brough. Such a hypocrite.

Since then, I tried to bake healthy.

I am very much an amateur baker and attempts to cook on occasions. However, I am fortunate to receive some tips and guidance from my ex-chef mother.

This is my first recipe so don't be too harsh! If it's the same as yours, that's completely coincidental!


Prep Time
15-20 minutes

Baking Time
20 mins with a standard oven at 180 degrees

Ingredients

1 cup of palm sugar
1/2 cup of organic coconut oil
2 eggs
1/4 cup of almond milk
1/2 tea spoon of vanilla essence
3/4 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/3 of organic cocao powder
1/4 cup of almond chips
6 teaspoons of organic peanut butter



Method

1. Grab yourself a big mixing bowl.
2. Melt your coconut oil, mix with brown sugar and stir!
3. Put in your eggs and stir until the egg is combined into the mixture
4. Add vanilla essence and almond milk
5. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cocao powder into the mixture, sift, stir, sift.
6. Pour the almond flakes into the mixture, stir some more.
7. Before you pour the mixture into your baking tray, make sure you preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Now you can pour everything in!
8. Even out the mixture with a spoon or a spatula
8. Grab a tea spoon, scoop out 6 dollops of peanut butter onto the mixture, make sure you spread out your dollops.
9. Use a fork or knife to make your peanut butter swirls
10. Bake in the oven for 20 mins at 180 degrees
11. Let it cool for 10 mins, cut it up, serve and enjoy!
 
Watch this space , or follow me in Instagram @theweekendfoodies for more recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment