Saturday, June 13, 2015

Le Montage @ Lilyfield

We recently attended a wedding at the gorgeous bayside venue, Le Montage.
Many happy snaps were taken outside and inside the venue, our initial thought... with a view/venue this breath-taking, the food shouldn't disappoint.

Each guest had a 3 course meal and an antipasto platter to share - there were two options for entree, main and dessert (and of course a vegan option).



Antipasto platter
Sopressa salami, double smoked ham and prosciutto layered with mesclun leaf, char grilled eggplan and peperonata with bocconcini, vine riped tomato and basil. Galic scented olives dressed with balsamic and virgin olive oil.

What can I say.. fresh produce = a good platter.


 Entree 1
Warm salad of marinated lamb loin accompanied by roasted herb scented eggplant served with mint lemon yoghurt dressing garnished with sliced sundried tomato.

This entree was quite nice, lamb loin was well done yet still relatively tender. Roasted eggplant was a little bit chewy, would've preferred a soft centre but flavours were there.

 Entree 2
Le Montage smoked salmon tower. Tasmanian smoked salmon tower filled with a creamy avocado, kipfler potato and cucumber salad resting on wild rocket, surrounded by cherry tomato citrus dressing, finished with salmon caviar and chervil.
 
My partner ended up getting this dish, I did my research before the wedding and was waiting to belly this tower. I took a bite and went back to my lamb loin. The tower was too chilled for my liking and the potato, avo, cucumber salad lacked seasoning. My partner loved it nonetheless.
 


This was their vegan option for main, tomato salsa with mushroom on mash and baby veggies on the side. My partner ate this gave me a nod of approval.
 

 Main option
Le Montage Spatchcock
lightly floured half baby chicken pan fried with rosemary, thyme and black olives served on on mash with beans and baby carrot.
 
I didn't pay any attention to my parnter's vegan dish as I was too busy butchering my half baby chicken. I love crispy skin, most resturants I've been to always fail to deliver their crunchy promise. With countless soggy and soft skins consumed, I was impresssed with this dish. No lies there, it was definitely a baby chicken, you can tell by the bone structure and the tenderness of the flesh... I'm not making this sound too appetising am I. As a hardcore carnivore (and dessert enthusiast), this dish was up to scratch, great flavours that wasn't too over powering, really liked the steamed whole baby carrot and edible flowers, nice touch.
 


Dessert Option 1
Creme Brulee
Vanilla bean creme brulee with caramelised sugar top, fresh cream, strawberry and nut biscotti
 
A highly anticipated dessert, in order to achieve the perfect creme brulee it needs to be well balanced - and that was achieved. It wasn't too eggy nor too creamy. There was just something missing and I couldn't put my finger on it. Perhaps I was just too engulfed in my smashin' tiramisu below.

 Dessert Option 2
Le Montage Tiramisu
Lady finger biscuits soaked in espresso and marsala, layered with mascarpone and chocolate, served with vanilla bean ice cream and mint dust
 
Hands down, the best Tiramisu I've had to date, even without the alcohol.... I'm not a coffee drinker  and hate coffee cakes/ice cream., but the lady finger soaked in espresso were sutble and pleasant. Mascarpone and lady finger content was cleverly enclosed in a rich dark chocolate coating. Perfect ratio between chocolate and cream. I hate mint, but I loved the mint dusting on the vanilla bean ice cream. Delectable.

No comments:

Post a Comment