Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Vogue Cafe @ Macquarie Park

Vogue Cafe has been on our list of places to try for quite some time, especially after seeing picture of their amazing beverages on instagram.

A 2 and a half hour trek to Macquarie Park was worth it (including time getting lost in the shopping centre and unable to find the cafe). The cafe is tucked away next the car park - it's fairly close to Myer.

We arrived at approximately 3pm and they were just about to cease food orders for the day - so if you want a meal, you better get there before 3pm, regardless, the place was pumping.


 

 


White Peach My Life
 
Is essentially peaches and white chocolate. It was a meal on it's own! Refreshing to start off, but I had trouble finishing it because it was quite heavy.
 



Hot Knickers
 
Melted Snickers, why didn't I think of that?! It was absolutely delicious, takes hot chocolatey drinks to the next level. The only down fall is the amount of froth, which is half a cup :(
I love the tiny teddies and pretzel toppings!

 
This was their sauteed mushrooms with fetta on bread, a really flavoursome vegetarian dish, it beat the club sandwhich, hands down. Personally, I think this is a must have. The one thing that I didn't like was the aeroplane butter. The only time I want to see single packaged butter is if I'm at an all you can eat place, conference or on the plane. It's not cafe grade.
 

Club Sandwhich

Club sandwich was recommended by the waiter, I was impressed when this arrived at my table, although the sour cream and sweet chilli sauce could've been better placed. The wedges were lovely, golden and crunchy. The schitzel on panini was a bit of a miss. Schnitzel was extremely dry and it lacked flavour - needs more aioli. I had trouble finishing this.
 
Worth Returning?
Yes, just for the drinks, I'll give their food a miss.
 

 
Click to add a blog post for The Vogue Cafe on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment