Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sweet Infinity @ The Strand Arcade

After a long tedious and strenuous day at work I decided to head to The Strand Aracade to grab some baked goods to make myself feel better. It's true, you need to eat your way to happiness, I'm in flavour of gluttony.

I've past Sweet Infinity on countless occasions, this time, I finally decided to head in to check it out.
I cam out with two items, their infamous Creme Brulee Tart and Walnut Brownie.



Creme Brulee Tart approx $6.80
 
I try to steer away from creme brulee baked goods due to previous experience, however the shop owner kindly advised their tart is infamous. When it comes to food, I am easily sold, after all.. how would I know if I don't give it a go? This tart was even better than actual torch fire creme brulees I've had at authentic Italian Restaurants. The crumble wasn't as short as I expected, some fork work is required, but the taste was unbeatable. Creamy, vanilla, caramelised, crumbly explosion in my mouth. It is definitely a must have.


Chocolate Brownie with Walnuts approx $6.8
 

So I've realised that the walnut brownies were significantly smaller than their chocolate brownies, yet the same price was charged. I wasn't too impressed by that. but uh... I couldn't fault this brownie, it was rich, gooey in the centre (even though it was cold) and crunchy on the outside. I couldn't finish this brownie and had to share it with my mum.
 
 
Worth Returning?
Yes, sporadically. initially I thought "Bloody hell, $6.8 for a tart, $6.8 for a brownie!? It better be darn good"... well, it exceeded my expectations (although it's still expensive for baked goods!).


Click to add a blog post for Sweet Infinity on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment